Experienced Software Developer (m/f/x)
For our locations in Linz or Vienna, we are looking for an experienced Software Developer.
We are pioneers in using artificial intelligence to manage safety at sea. Our award-winning OSCAR system provides intelligent optical recognition of marine objects to avoid collisions on the water. It is the harbinger of a new generation of safety systems marrying leading edge sensor technology with intelligent analysis for superior situational awareness.
We are a multi-national team based in Austria, France, and Portugal. We offer a fast and agile workplace for experts from a variety of disciplines. We share a common culture shaped by ambition, autonomy, openness, honesty, and respect. As a fast-growing team of 30 colleagues, we are large enough to create impact. We are also small enough that each team member has an influence on the way we work.
- Create deep learning solutions for real-time object detection, classification and tracking
- Apply, develop and optimize various computer vision algorithms for an image-based collision avoidance system
- Improve your models and methods as the data set grows and gets more diverse
- Study the effect of data distribution, the NN architecture and the various training parameters on the model’s performance
- Integrate your models with accuracy / speed trade-off
- Get an overview of the data processing workflow from acquisition to training
- Customize and improve the annotation tools to match the training / testing needs
- Excellent English skills (other languages are a bonus)
- Worked within a Scrum team for at least 3 years (ideally in a product development environment)
- Solid knowledge of Python, using Tensorflow and various image processing libraries (opencv,numpy,scikit-image,scikit-learn etc)
- Enjoy experimenting with various training parameters and CNN hyperparameters to reach optimal results
- Experience with Java & SQL
- Experience with spring boot, hibernate,…
- Any other technologies are a bonus
- Sound understanding of software architecture
- Continuous Integration und continuous delivery are a must for you
- Like to work in teams
- Have an interest in software trends and new technologies
- Enrich the development team in delivering high-quality software
- See problems in advance due to your active risk management and therefore set the right actions on time within the team to reduce the negative impact
- Support your colleagues to surpass themselves as their sparring partner
- Work in a distributed team towards self-organization and smooth integration
- Have gained skills in requirements engineering and QA
- Boating background is a bonus.
What you can expect from us
- Exciting work on life-saving technology from day 1 in a diverse and vibrant international environment
- Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes
- Flexible working times
- Remote working opportunities
- Summer & winter parties
- Free boating permits
Are you up for a challenge?
We do look forward to receiving your complete application including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
At BSB Group we embrace and welcome diversity. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome aboard.
The law stipulates that the minimum wage must be specified in job postings. The minimum salary in ST1 (experienced) is 3.501 euros gross/month in the Austrian collective agreement. Adequate to your skills, we are willing to pay more.
If you should have any questions, Patrick Haebig is happy to answer them by mail or telephone. email@example.com or: +43 699 11 769 516